How can a heritage family trip help your child in language acquisition? What are some of the best ways to get the most from your trip? Do you really need a year to plan? In this episode I share with you about our family heritage trip to Germany and Bulgaria and our biggest language hits and misses.
Join me as I talk about the language balance challenge, cultural immersion and learning, and offer strategies for your success if you’re planning a future family trip. Yo, a bilingual parenting educator, author, and multilingual parenting mom Janny Perez te invito as we take a closer look. Asi que no te lo pierdas.
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- The importance of planning ahead and budgeting for a family heritage trip.
- Involving your child in the trip planning process.
- Tips for understanding the local culture and social behaviors to avoid negative or offensive interactions.
- Seeking opportunities for your child to immerse in the local language.
- Observing any behavioral changes in your child when communicating in other languages.
- Creating positive language-related memories by engaging in activities such as sightseeing and shopping while ensuring your child has a fun experience.